A Custom Field is a field the exists in your EasyCatalog panel but not in the source data. A custom field can be populated using one of our inbuilt functions, and are often used to manipulate the source data into a form more suitable for appearance on the page or to summarize group data.
To create a Custom Field:
- Right click in the centre of the panel
- Use the “New Custom Field” menu option on the pop-up menu that appears
- Give the field a name at the top of the dialog that appears
- On the “Custom Field” pane, a list of the available custom field commands can be found on the “Reference” pop-up at the top of the dialog. The (i) button on the dialog can be used to display a web page containing the custom field reference guide.
Custom Fields can be set to update:
- Automatically: the content of the custom field will be kept up-to-date at all times
- Manually: to update the field, right click on the field in the panel and use the “Update Custom Field” menu option
- Only After Synchronize: the content of the field will only be updated following a “Synchronize with Data Source” operation.