EasyCatalog uses online product activation to validate the serial numbers you have purchased.
To activate EasyCatalog:
- Launch Adobe InDesign
- If you have unregistered modules, the “About EasyCatalog” dialog will automatically appear once InDesign has finished launching.
For each of the serial numbers you received in your order confirmation email:
- Click the “Activate” button at the bottom left of the dialog
- Copy and paste the serial number from the order confirmation email into the dialog that appears and press OK
EasyCatalog will now check with our activation server to ensure that the license can be installed. For the majority of users, activation will be automatic and the dialog will close.
For users with a firewall or proxy server installed, ensure the machine can connect to https://www.65bit.co.uk, port 443 . Where this is not possible, the ‘Offline License Activation‘ dialog will appear:
On this dialog:
- Enter all of the serial numbers you purchased (any that you didn’t purchase can be left empty).
- Press the “Save…” button in “Step 2”. This will create a license file on your machine that needs to be submitted to our activation server.
- Upload the file you just created to our activation server below:
- Once processed by our activation server, your browser will download a “.elic” file. This will typically go into a “Downloads” folder on your machine, or you will be prompted for a location to save it to.
- Go back into InDesign and press the “Load…” button in Step 3 of the Offline License Activation dialog.
- Choose the ‘.elic’ file that was just downloaded.
If you have any difficulty with the Offline activation, or have any questions, please send your “.lic” file to firstname.lastname@example.org for further assistance.